We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that your provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone numbers) that you provide by corresponding with us by email or otherwise;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information you have made publicly available on networking website, such as LinkedIn, to contact you
- Your IP Address information.
- the details of your vehicles, including registration numbers.
- details of yourself or company (business) where you have corresponded with us for example by making an application for assistance, supply of goods or repairs to your vehicle etc.
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, conduct for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect additional information about your electronic device, such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, any website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server, for system administration. This information is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We do have a website and there should be no cookies arising from any dealings with “QRG”
Under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s. Applications for assistance which may involve under 18’s are always dealt with via an appropriate adult or organisation and are managed through the identified adult representative.
We do have a website; however, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other sites.
Uses made of your information
We will use this information to manage the affairs of QRG and to improve our services. We will complete order forms forms/invoices and associated paperwork in respect to any request for assistance, parts or vehicles using the information which you have provided to us. In particular:
- We will prepare quotes, invoices, reports, order forms with full details of the customer/enquirer.
We may disclose the information you have provided to our suppliers with your consent.
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate staff of the QRG.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK.
How long we retain your information
There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, financial records must be kept for 7 years, and information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner. Subject to those requirements, we will only keep your information for so long as we need it for the purposes we have outlined in this notice.
The right to be informed of the identity of our data controller together with his contact details and the
- the right to request access to the data
- the right to request that the accuracy of the data be corrected
- the right to request erasure of the data
- the right to withdraw consent to the collection and use of the data at any time
- the right to request that the data should not be processed, except that this right does not
- extend to storage of the data for the period within which it needs to be stored for the purposes it has been collected or received
- the right to request that the data be transferred to another controller
- the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority
Any request must be made in writing to the Managing Director of QRG.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by notifying you directly.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Managing Director at Chagcroft Motors Limited (QRG) 28/32 Queensberry Road, Kettering, Northants, NN15 7HL or email@example.com
25th May 2018